// О РКА // Личные страницы членов РКА // Ф. Дэнс
Frank E.X. DANCE
Dept. of Human Communication Studies
2142 S. High Street
U. of Denver
Denver, CO 80208
(303) 871-4323 [Office phone/voice mail]
Office FAX 303.871.4316
Fields of Professional Interest
- Spoken language theory
- Spoken language education
- Human communication in organizations
- B.S. Fordham University (1951)
- M.A. Northwestern University (1953)
- Ph.D. Northwestern University (1959)
Instructor in Speech. Adult Labor School, Brooklyn,NY.
Instructor in Speech, Lawson YMCA Adult Education Dept. Chicago, Ill. (Part-time)
Elmhurst College, Elmhurst, Ill.
Instructor in Humanities and Coordinator of Radio and TV. U. of Illinois (Navy Pier), Chicago, Ill.
Eight-month language school in Vietnamese. U.S.Army.
Administered the U.S. Army Non-commissioned Officers' School at Arlington Hall Station, Arlington, VA.
Instructor in Speech. Graduate School of the U.S Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.
Instructor in Speech. Chicago City Jr. College, Woodrow Wilson Branch.
Visiting Instructor in Speech. New Mexico Highlands University, Las Vegas, NM.(Summer)
Instructor. Adult Education Center. Chicago, Ill.
Instructor in Communication Skills. Univ. of Chicago, Univ. College, Adult Speech Program. (Part Time)
Asst. Prof. of Speech. St. Joseph's Coll., Rensselaer, Ind.
Asst. Prof. of Speech. U. of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas. Undergraduate, graduate, and extension teaching.
1963-71 U. of Wisconsin?Milwaukee. Assoc. Prof. of Speech and Director of the Speech Communication Center, 1963-66; Professor of Communication and Director of the Speech Communication Center, 1966-70; Professor of Communication, 1970-71.
Distinguished Visiting Professor, Dept. of Speech Communication, U. of Montana, Missoula, Mont.
Professor of Human Communication Studies, U. of Denver. to 1995 Denver. Denver, CO.
John Evans University Professor of Human Communication Studies, to present U. of Denver. Denver. Denver, CO.
Academic Advisory Board and Content Consultant to The International University College on Mind Extension University.
- Central States Speech Association
- Eastern Communication Association
- International Communication Association
- Media Ecology Association
- Speech Communication Association
- Western Speech Communication Association
- World Communication Association
Honors, Awards, Offices Held
Список публикаций (.doc)
- American Authors
- American Men and Women of Science: Social & Behavioral Sciences, 1978
- Contemporary Authors
- Directory of American Scholars
- International Dictionary of Biography
- Leaders in Education, 4th ed.
- Library of Human Resources, of American Heritage Research Assn.,Inc.
- Who's Who in America, 37th through current edition.
- Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities
- Who's Who in American Education
- Who's Who in the Midwest
- Who's Who in the West
- Who's Who in the World, 4th ed. through current edition
- Who's Who in the Media and Communications, 1998-1999
- Who's Who In Entertainment. 3rd Edition,1998-1999
- Delegate to SCA Legislative Assembly 1963-1970, 1970?1983.
- Secy.,Vice Chr.,Chr. Business and Professional Speaking Interest Group of the SCA, 1959?60.
- Chairman, History of Speech Educ. Interest Group, SCA.
- AAUP: Chair, Chicago Area Council, 1958. Delegate to AAUP National Convention.
- AAUP: President, St. Joseph's College Chapter, 1959?60.
- Second V.P., Kansas Adult Education Assn., 1963?64.
- Member, SCA Legislative Assembly Credentials Comm.,1964.
- Member, SCA Committee on Ethics, 1965?67.
- 1st V.P., The National Society for the Study of Communication (now the International Communication Assn.)1966.
- President, International Communication Association, 1967.
- Chair, Central States Speech Assn. Awards Committee to Outstanding Young Professionals in the Field of Speech, 1967.
- Knapp University Scholar in Communication: Second Semester, 1967?68, by action of the Univ. of Wisconsin Board of Regents, May, 1967.
- Recipient, Standard Oil Foundation Outstanding Professor Award, selected by student body, May, 1967.
- Toastmasters International education advisory committee,1968?75.
- Chair, Interpersonal Division, International Comm.Assn.,1968?70.
- Board of Directors, International Comm.Assn.,1968?70.
- Member, Advisory Screening Committee in Speech and Audiology, Council for International Exchange of Scholars, June, 1974?June, 1977.
- Western Michigan University Visiting Scholar, Fall, 1977.
- SCA delegate to American Assoc. Advancement of Science, January 1977?February, 1978.
- Elected a Fellow of the International Communication Assn., May 3, 1979.
- Appointed to advisory board of Communication Association of the Pacific, August, 1980.
- Elected 2nd V.P. of Speech Communication Assn., 1 Oct 79.
- lst V.P., Speech Communication Assn., 1981.
- President, National Communication Assn., 1982.
- Chair, SCA Committee on Committees, 1983.
- Chair, SCA Task Force on Computer Applications,'83,'84.
- Chair, SCA Committee on Professional Service Awards, 1984.
- William T. Driscoll Award as Master Teacher. May, 1985. Selected and awarded by student body, U. of Denver.
- Designated "University Lecturer" of the University of Denver, April, 1986. "University Lecturer" at the time of award being made this was the highest award given to a faculty member by the University Board of Trustees upon recommendation of the academic senate.
- Elected delegate to the Legislative Assembly of the Speech Communication Assn., 1989-1991.
- Awarded Distinguished Service Award by Colorado Speech Communication Association. April, 1990.
- Appointed John Evans University Professor of Human Communication Studies by U.Denver Board of Trustees. May, 1995.
- Selected as National Outstanding Professor by the National Speakers Association, 1995.
- Received National Communication Association / Carnegie Foundation Distinguished Teacher/Scholar Award . November 10, 2000. Annual convention of the NCA, Seattle, Washington.
- Co-Chair, Human Communication and Technology Commission of the Naitonal Communication Association. Nov., 2001 - Nov., 2002.